by Eowyn Langholf
Fun Facts About Halle:
1. She was originally named Maria Halle Berry but her parents changed her name to Halle Maria Berry when she was five years old.
2. Before becoming an actress, Halle participated in numerous beauty pageants and was even 1st runner-up in the Miss USA Pageant in 1986.
3. Her favorite actresses are Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster and Whoopi Goldberg.
4. Halle’s dress for the 2002 Oscars ceremony was voted the most popular outfit from the first 75 years.
5. In high school, she was an honor society member, editor of the school paper, and class president. Halle was also crowned prom queen.
Here’s what that looks like: